Creating a Workflow Database:
- Create a database called TeamstudioWorkflow.nsf using Workflow.ntf as the master template. This will need to reside on a server with access to send email.
- Open the new TeamstudioWorkflow.nsf and go to the drop-down menus: Actions – Admin – Create Workflow Definitions. This will create the new default workflow documents as below:
- Close TeamstudioWorkflow.nsf
Note: Approvers need Author access at the ACL level to the Workflow.nsf database.
Configure Workflow in Build Manager Instances:
You will need to make sure that you configure any Build Manager instances you require point towards the workflow database so that any approval steps you want to setup will run correctly. To point a Build Manager instance towards a Workflow database:
- Open the Build Manager instance.
- Click ‘Build Manager’ button on the toolbar and go to ‘Settings’
- Fill in the Workflow Definition Database section and the Workflow instance/Log Database with the details of the location/name of your workflow database.
- It is important to set the "Workflow Category" to Build Manager. From the Workflow Category dropdown select Build Manager. You may now click ok and repeat with any other Build Manager instances you require to work with the "Workflow" database that you've created.
Configure Workflow in Template Registry:
You will also need to configure any Template Registry instances where you want to use Workflow Approvals to use the new workflow database. Similar to what you did with the Build Manager instances, you need to configure Template Registry with the location and Workflow category settings as follows:
- Open the Template Registry instance.
- Under the "Admin" menu on the left pane, select "Configuration / Registry Settings".
- The Registry Settings page will open, where you now need to select the 4th tab "Approvals".
- Fill in the Workflow Definition Database section and the Workflow instance/Log Database with the details of the location/name of your workflow database. You may also enable the checkbox to "use the definition database"
- As with the Build Manager instance. It is important to set the "Workflow Category", but this time to "Template Registry". From the Workflow Category dropdown select Template Registry. You may now close and save the document.